Alpineer- Crested Butte
The Alpineer is located in downtown Crested Butte, on your left directly after passing Sopris Avenue.
Best Reason to Visit This Store:
In addition to knowledgeable employees well-suited for helping customers with Crested Butte ski and snowboard rentals, the Alpineer has an amazing selection of Backcountry, Nordic, and Telemark gear. It’s the only shop of its kind in Crested Butte!
What Customers Are Saying:
“We always love to shop local and this is the place to do it!” –Mandy S.
“Experienced winter athletes provided excellent and friendly service.” –Karen N.
“The quality and service match the staff to insure you have the best quality gear for the adventure and the price.”– James G.
Store Manager: Kelly Jensen
About Alpineer’s Fearless Leader: Kelly is originally from Houston, TX and moved to Crested Butte to pursue a life filled with skiing, biking, and adventures in the mountains. Kelly started with Christy Sports back in 2008 at our Crested Butte mountain location and his love for the backcountry brought him to the Alpineer.
Best Restaurants in Crested Butte:
- Lils’ Land and Sea for great sushi in the mountains.
- Soupcon for amazing food and a quaint atmosphere plus an unparalleled service experience.
- Teocalli Tamale for a fast, consistent epic burrito place for lunch or to grab before an adventure.
Places to Stay in Crested Butte:
- Old Town Inn right at the entrance to town for a friendly staff and affordable rates.
- Elk Mountain Lodge in downtown Crested Butte for close proximity to nightlife and amazing restaurants.
- The Nordic Inn for cozy and quaint lodging just a short walk from the slopes.
Favorite Outdoor Activities in Crested Butte:
- Backcountry skiing in and around the Elk Mountains.
- Being outdoors with family.
- Hiking and camping.