What Customers Are SayingFlatiron Sports- Crested Butte
Flatiron Sports in Crested Butte is located inside the Treasury Center at the base of the Red Lady Express lift.
Best Reason to Visit This Store:
The awesome team at Flatiron Sports doesn’t just excel at helping customers with snowboard and ski rentals in Crested Butte, they practice what they preach. The employees make it a point to ski or ride as much as possible throughout the winter, even on lunch breaks! This allows them to add product knowledge and experience to the above-average customer service they provide.
What Customers Are Saying:
“Awesome experience - great people at the location and good selection of gear. Would recommend for both snowboards and skis. “ –Fredrik T.
“Great value, amazing staff, ideal location! We loved this place!” –Al P.
“Rentals with these guys was a breeze! We are both brand new to snowboarding and they helped us out a lot with how to use the equipment and some snowboarding for beginners tips!” –Sara W.
Store Manager: PJ Hildebrand
About Flatiron Sports’ Fearless Leader: PJ was born in New Jersey and his passion for skiing led him to the state of Vermont for college. After eight years in Vermont working at a ski resort, PJ made his way to Colorado to be in the ski mecca of the country. PJ has lived in Crested Butte and worked for Christy Sports since 1991. He started working at the Christy Sports location in Crested Butte in 2010, when Christy’s acquired Flatiron Sports, began overseeing both stores.
Best Restaurants in Crested Butte:
- Elk Ave Prime for a great bar menu and the best burger and bar steak in town.
- Lil’s for delicious sushi.
- Secret Stash for the best pizza in town.
Places to Stay in Crested Butte:
- The Nordic Inn for a quaint and clean bed & breakfast at the base of the ski area.
- Lodge at Mountaineer Square for the best ski in, ski out accommodations. Next to transit center for easiest transport to down town Crested Butte for restaurants and shopping.
- Purple Mountain Lodge for a bed & breakfast located in downtown Crested Butte. Great atmosphere and easy walk to restaurants and shopping
Favorite Outdoor Activities in Crested Butte:
- Skiing in Crested Butte.
- Hiking in the Rockies.
- Camping with family.