Powder Tools- Steamboat
Powder Tools Steamboat Springs is located just at the base of the Gondola, on the second level of the plaza next to the ticket office.
Best Reason to Visit This Store:
Powder Tools in Steamboat Springs is the only true full-service snowboard specific shop in all of Steamboat Springs and is located right at the base of the mountain. That’s how it’s been since they started in 1993, so the shop staff is full of knowledge and experience. They are truly a “one stop” shopping experience. They offer full retail, rental, demo, and tuning/repair services 7 days a week. And if you happen to mess up your new setup on the mountain, no sweat, they can fix all of it. The team just wants everyone to love snowboarding as much as they do and their favorite thing is giving high fives all day. They pride themselves on offering the best snowboard rentals in Steamboat while providing their customers the greatest experience possible.
What Customers Are Saying:
“The snowboard they supplied was way better than my own and the service was amazing.” –Chloe M.
“There are still good people out there and Powder Tools employs them.” –Greg J.
“Wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable people in this shop. I tried out a ton of boards and they helped me find "the one"!” –Tyler S.
Store Manager: Bernie Tomassetti
- About Steamboat’s Fearless Leader: Bernie was West Philadelphia born and raised and grew up skateboarding and snowboarding on the east coast. In search of better powder, Bernie would take a yearly trip to Jackson Hole to snowboard. He then decided to make a permanent change for his favorite activity, moving to Steamboat Springs in May 2001. He has been working for Christy Sports since moving to Steamboat.
Best Restaurants in Steamboat:
- The Paramount for mountain dining. Lee and his crew do an amazing job with the best breakfast and lunch on the mountain by a landslide. You can sit outside with heating and watch people snowboard and ski while having some food and drinks.
- Low Country Kitchen for a southern comfort style place with class. They use a ton of seasonal ingredients and make bangin’ fried chicken and good specialty cocktails.
- The Laundry if you are a person who can never decide what to order. It’s a small plate kind of place with family-style sharing.
Favorite Outdoor Activities In Steamboat:
- Snowboarding in Steamboat, of course.
- Snowmobiling in the backcountry.
- Pow surfing for priceless wipeout footage.